Links to various galleries…
It started like this: First I modelled a custom chip, then I replaced it with a FPGA piggy-back adapter. One by one I was able to replace all the chips with FPGA modules.
As soon as all the Atari customer chips were working properly, I began to collect all code and work it into a single FPGA. Meanwhile, we have another milestone under our belts; the 68000 CPU has been completely modelled and integrated into an FPGA. The board includes all Atari specific interfaces, RAM, Flash-ROM as well as additional mimic so that the Flash-ROM can be programmed with the operating system.
Applications that we have tested